Garlicky Vegan Beans & Kale
- Remove stems from 10 large leaves of kale and chiffonade them. Shake strips loose and toss in a bowl.
- Add half a bunch of chopped parsley.
- Rinse & drain one can of white beans well and set aside. I used canellini.
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a wok or skillet.
- Add one generous Tbsp of diced garlic (I use the kind from a jar)
- Cook garlic for about a minute then add in greens mixture.
- Cook greens for about two minutes, stirring and tossing to incorporate garlic with greens.
- Add in beans and stir well.
- Season with salt, nutmeg (freshly ground is great if you have it) and if you want a bit of heat, add red pepper flakes or your choice of hot sauce.
- Stir well and remove to dish. Serve with a piece of crusty bread and a bit of olive oil drizzled on top.
- Enjoy & Be well!
I discovered that it is good with even more garlic (2 Tbsp total) and the addition of bite sized cubes of cooked yam. I just threw one in the microwave to cook and then peeled and cubed it when it cooled. Turned out to be a really good flavor combination.