Friday, October 1, 2010

October's Top-Notch Talent

In addition to selling my own work on esty, I try to think of etsy artisans first when I need (or just want!) to buy something for myself or others. Last year, I did about 90% of my Christmas shopping on etsy. I know how much love and work I put into everything I make and I know that other artists do the same. In my new montly feature, Top-Notch Talent (TNT ha!), I will tell you about some of my favorite etsy artists. I encourage you to take a minute to visit their shops and look around. You won't be disappointed.

Red Chair
Below is one of many stunning and original necklaces from the TNT Maryland jewelry designer, Heidi Hopper, over at Red Chair. You gotta love a woman who designs a bracelet named after Judy Jetson! Congratulations to Heidi: according to her blog, she recently hit 600 sales on etsy and her beautiful jewelry is now also being sold at Chez Lucy in Luxemborg! Manifique!

Simplicity Necklace - Crystal Quartz, Rhodium Fireball Clasp
Simplicity Necklace by Heidi Hopper at Red Chair

I have purchased three necklaces from Heidi (two just recently; they are on their way to me) and I receive compliments every time I wear her jewelry.


CAMLO designs
Oh, my goodness! If you love sparkling, dangling earrings and wonderful design, Tawny's jewelry shop is just the place for you. I ordered my first pair of earrings from CAMLO designs and they arrived yesterday. I was stunned by the beauty and handiwork in them. In her blog, the TNT Seattle resident says that she is "a self-taught silversmith who cannot solder unless barefoot." I have a "happy" friend in mind who would love her earrings and Christmas is just around the corner (already??)!


SALE Candela- 14k Gold Fill Teardrops with Pink Topaz and Citrine
Candela by Tawny at CAMLO designs


amberalexander
Can I tell you how much I love this rooster??  Red is my favorite color and this watercolor print just captures the essence of roosterishness soooo well!  TNT artist Amber lives and works in Vermont with her husband and "two crazy poodles". She paints wonderful and whimsical animal portraits and sells them in her etsy shop. I'm know I'm going to end up owning a piece of her work before long. She has a charming blog, too!


Rooster
Rooster by Amber at amberalexander


One of a Kind Mosaics Gallery
Contemporary, Modern, Abstract Art by Nathalie Van

Did I mention how much I love red? Big, bold, fresh, beautiful color is what I think of when I think of TNT Canadian artist Nathalie Van. She works in acrylics on stretched canvas and creates some eye-popping designs. She sells both custom and ready-to-ship art.

30x30 Available for Immediate Shipping Modern Abstract Palette Knife Painting Original Textured Art Burnt Orange Warm Reds and Hints of Yellow
Abstract Palette Knife Painting by Nathalie Van

From Natalie's etsy profile:  Her art has found its way into the collections of the likes of [American actor and playwright] Harvey Fierstein , and was recently reviewed by the popular TV Chef Martin Yan who wrote ".. you are truly talented, a master of your craft."  I am proud to say that Nathalie's work has also made it into my own personal collection and will shortly be hanging in our dining room.

There are so many wonderful artisans to explore on etsy and so much beauty available at a variety of prices. I hope you will consider an etsy artist the next time you are looking for something special for yourself or someone else. I look forward to bringing you more featured artists in the November edition of TNT!

Be well!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Michelle! Thanks for including my jewelry in this wonderful post! I'm honored that you picked me to be among these talented artisans, including you! -Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Heidi! Thank you for the encouragement. You are a real role model. :-)

    ReplyDelete