Friday, October 22, 2010

Kelly & Ellis & Leo

I seem to be writing about dogs a lot lately! I can't think of a better subject.

Kelly Heywood, one of our students, brought in two of her four dogs today. Ellis (13 and 1/2) and his son, Leo, (7).  Ellis and Leo are search and rescue dogs. Ellis is retired now, but has worked finding both live people and cadavers and has worked in avalanche rescue.

Here are Leo, Kelly, and Ellis:



















It was hard to get everyone to pose! Ellis looks like he is ready for a nap and Leo wants to play. These two gentlemen are well behaved and know their commands. Leo likes to lean into you with all of his weight to tell you how much he loves you; I had to brace myself against the wall, as he doesn't know his own strength. Ellis liked to sit on my foot with his back to me and look up into my face.

Kelly has been a vetrinarian technician for ten years and is now in her first semester of our nursing program. She is working to launch a training program for service dogs who would work with people suffering from post-traumatic stress syndrome.

Here is one of our instructors, Wade Hampton, giving the boys some love:














A big thank you to Kelly for bring Ellis and Leo by. We hope to see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment